Monday, January 7, 2008

Kevin's Sauce

This is a lovely tomato, caper, olive sauce that was served to us on pasta with barbecued salmon for Christmas Eve. Very Yummy! Kevin's recipes are a little like my mother's -

Cook some onions in plenty olive oil until transparent. Add some garlic, then enough tomatoes (Kevin uses Roma or cherry- when I made it a week or more later I used a can of crushed tomatoes plus a dessertspoon of sugar). Cook until tomatoes are soft and add some capers, and sliced olives.

When I tried this I added it to a prepared dish of Ainsley Harriott's Tomato Tango packet couscous (I prefer this and the Citrus Kick couscous to any couscous I can make) and served with reheated barbecued lamb leg (recipe to follow!). I added some basil and parsley .

Kevin had another great recipe - capsicum risotto with prawns and scallops. I want to try this sometime.

2 comments:

verobirdie said...

Thank you for commenting on my TIF.
We are very much in a Provence thing, if I read your sauce recipe :-) Must taste great, I can smell it just by reading.

Pat said...

Thank you for the comment on my TIF piece you have some tasty recipes here. I must try the lamb rack crust.