Thursday, November 27, 2008

Spaghetti with Salsa Verda and Chicken

The second half of Mr. B's chicken was shredded for this recipe from Donna Hay's Chicken book (p.44) - actually that is what it is called under the photo - whereas the recipe is titled "Spaghetti with Chicken and Capers" - whatever, it was very nice. I love the mixture of basil, flat parsley (why does that always remind me of Flat Stanley?), capers, lime juice and olive oil with the chicken.

The basil and parsley came out of the garden. Whereas Donna always uses salted capers I use either salted or pickled and just wash them well. Also since I didn't have the required lemons I used limes. I love the flavour of both limes and capers so little wonder it appealed to my taste buds.

I think that I really will have to conquer my fear and attack the pasta maker. I am sure this would have been heavenly with fresh pasta.

The recipe was meant for 2 - very generous, even allowing for my small capacity.

This time of the year is heaven for apricot lovers. I am very fussy about the taste and texture - the current ones are passing both with flying colours.

No comments: